Is effective as of November 12, 2020
LEGAL HOUSE GROUP takes your privacy seriously and is committed to respecting and protecting it.
This Policy describes:
- Who is the data controller under this Policy and how can you contact us.
- What information we can collect and process about you.
- How we may obtain your personal information.
- How we may use your personal information.
- On which basis we use your personal information.
- How long do we keep your personal information.
- How we may share your personal information with third parties.
- To which countries we may transfer your personal information.
- Your rights under this Policy.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand how LEGAL HOUSE GROUP treats your personal information.
WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER UNDER THIS POLICY AND HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
LEGAL HOUSE GROUP LLC, LEGAL HOUSE Lawyers Association and our affiliated business (jointly referred to as “LEGAL HOUSE GROUP”, “LHG”, “we” or “our”) are controllers of your personal data.
If you have any questions or concerns on how we process your personal data, please contact us at: Office@legalhouse.group. Our office is located at 04053, Ukraine, Kyiv, str. Voznesensky Uzviz, building 23-A, floor 3.
WHAT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WE CAN COLLECT AND PROCESS?
We may collect and process your personal information in the course of our business activities, including through your use of our website; when you communicate with us by email or other means of communication; when you want us to send you alerts or other materials; by subscribing to webinars, meetings, conferences or events, we host; when you apply for employment, when you use our legal or other services; and when you respond to our messages or requests for information.
Personal information that we may collect and process includes:
- Basic information: your name; the name of the company you work for or have worked for; your rank or position; your photo posted on your employer’s/contractor’s website or social media.
- Contact information: postal address, email address, and telephone number(s).
- Financial information: information related to payments.
- Technical information: information on your visits to our website or to materials we send you electronically.
- Information you provide to us during our joint meetings and events.
- Identification and reference information provided by you or collected by us as part of our customer identification and verification procedures.
- Personal information provided to us by customers either on behalf of our customers, or generated by us during services provision, including special categories of data.
HOW CAN WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The personal information you provide to us
We collect and process your personal information, if necessary, in the process of providing legal services.
Information we may collect automatically
Visiting our website does not require you to provide any personal information such as your name, address, email address or telephone number. When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information, which does not allow us to identify you. This information may contain the following:
LEGAL HOUSE GROUP collects information related to the website’s content, which is mainly viewed by visitors, the frequency of connections to the website, the software, and hardware used to visit our website, the geography of our visitors.
This information allows LHG to understand how visitors interact with our site. We use Google Analytics to obtain this information. You can disable any data collection by this tool at your discretion, as indicated here.
We rely on our legitimate interest in providing customized services and improving our content while collecting your browsing statistics.
Our hosting provider’s hardware may log requests made by visitors to our website, information about the software and hardware used to visit our website, and assigned an IP address.
We use this information to improve the security of our website.
We rely on our legitimate interest to keep our site secure while collecting your log data.
A cookie is a text string that the LHG website transfers to a browser file on your computer so that the site remembers your preferences. We use cookie data to analyze visitor behavior and improve user experience. You can disable cookies using your browser settings.
We rely on our legitimate interest to ensure the site’s technical functionality while collecting your cookie data.
Information we collect from other sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, which allows us to: update, expand, and analyze our content; identify new customers; prevent and detect fraud. We may obtain information about you from social media platforms, including but not limited to when you interact with us on those platforms or access our social media content. The information we may obtain is governed by the privacy settings, policies and/or procedures of the respective social media platform, and we encourage you to review them.
HOW MAY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
LEGAL HOUSE GROUP collects and processes personal information about you in various ways, including through your use of our website and the provision of services by us. We use this information to:
- Respond to your inquiries.
- Provide you with legal and other services upon your inquiry.
- Improve this website, including auditing and monitoring its use.
- Manage our relationship with you and our customers (getting feedback and maintaining our contact list).
- Promote our services (submitting legal updates, publications, event announcements, and seminars).
- Assess the quality of our legal services and the effectiveness of our events, advertising campaigns, and publications.
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations to manage risk.
- Search for candidates for vacant positions.
ON WHICH BASIS WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use your personal information based on:
- Execution of a contract (interaction with an individual to provide legal or other services upon request).
- Compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.
- Achieving legitimate business goals.
- Obtaining your consent (where required by applicable law, we will rely on your consent to direct marketing).
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
LHG will keep the collected personal information for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected and processed. To determine the appropriate retention period, we will consider the volume, nature, and sensitivity of the collected data, the potential risk of harm caused by unauthorized use or disclosure of data, the purposes for which we process personal data, and whether we can achieve these goals through other means and applicable legal requirements.
After the end of the respective retention period, we will securely destroy the collected personal data.
HOW MAY WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We may share your personal information with third parties with whom we have a contractual relationship, including:
- Our professional consultants, auditors, potential partners.
- LHG IT services’ providers.
- Third parties who participate in the services we provide to our clients (our legal consultants outside Ukraine).
- Third parties involved in hosting or organizing meetings, events, and seminars.
If necessary or for the reasons stated in this Policy, personal information may also be shared with regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals, government agencies, and law enforcement agencies. Although unlikely, we may need to disclose your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. We will use reasonable endeavors to notify you before we do so.
We do not sell, rent, or give commercial access to personal information to any third party unless you have given your prior consent to do so.
TO WHICH COUNTRIES WE MAY TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The level of information protection in non-EEA countries may be less than the level offered by the EEA. In this case, we will take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected under applicable data protection laws, including but not limited to EU standard contractual clauses.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THIS POLICY
By emailing us at Office@legalhouse.group, you can exercise your right to:
- Get access to your personal data and clarifications on their processing.
- Correct your personal information.
- Delete your personal information.
- Limit the processing of your personal data.
- Object to the processing of your personal information.
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of personal information (if provided).
- Complain about LHG’s processing of your personal information with your local supervisory authority. Contact information for the local supervisor can be received at http://www.ombudsman.gov.ua/en/page/applicant.
You can exercise your rights in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
If personal data is destroyed at your request, LHG will retain only those copies of information necessary to protect our legitimate interests or third parties’ interests, comply with government orders, resolve disputes, settle problems, or ensure the execution of any transaction that you entered into with LHG.
Please note that even after you have decided to withdraw your consent, we may continue to process your personal information to the extent required or permitted by law, particulary in connection with the exercise and protection of our legal rights or compliance with laws and regulations, obligations.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA OF MINORS
Our website is not intended to attract individuals under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years old, do not give us any personal information. If we reveal that someone under 18 years old has provided personal data on our website, we will delete such data immediately.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to update this Policy from time to time. Therefore, we advise you to review this page periodically. If we make any significant changes to the way we collect, use, and/or share the personal information you have provided, we will notify you by posting a notice of the LEGAL HOUSE GROUP website changes.